22 December 2011

Who is SHE [Part I] ???

[DATING & RELATIONSHIPS (#1)]

Thirty-something dating has been the most enigmatic activity I have participated in to this date. Thankfully, one of my best friends -- he is single, dating and 52 -- tells me it gets worse later. We ponder and laugh often while comparing ladies who we most recently befriended failing to determine why they do the same from 25 to 50 years of age and even beyond that. The "same" includes that which we would consider detrimental to any positive or progressive situation.


Please do not misunderstand where I stand.

Many of us struggle breaking bad habits, yet there (over there) flies the GIANT RED FLAG suspended under the umbrella representative of your essence; and, absolutely nothing has changed. Yes, variables may erupt from circumstances leading to dents and divots in one's resume, but what draws the "She did, that, bruh?" response reveals character much more than external features.

The fact it gets worse makes sense and the theory that it does should deter anyone from living that life. Who is 50-something and single? That demographic automatically raises questions and if anyone in their 30s believe it is unserviceable shopping these days; I am sure in this instance later will not be greater. I shudder at the idea of being 50-and-single. It is impossible to imagine and difficult to conceive that could be me, too.

[My friend divorced a few years ago.]

In the mind of a man, women are generally perplexing. It is understood. Every entity of woman is not meant to be comprehended. Man must move on when reaching that door: don't knock, don't pass GO, don't collect $200; find your way in the opposite direction and bust a move. Consequently, should confusion shock my senses when what she speaks and how she acts reads like foreign language?

What I do? I laugh. (lol)

I entered the dating scene after a divorce and waited for the registration information for the refresher course to show up in my mailbox. It did not, so, I spent a little while knocking the dust off my "dating rule book" from my 20-something days. Born from this came a few things I decided must be adhered to at all times: (1) be transparent, (2) leave the "Playa Card" in retirement and (3) always make sex last on the list. The last two are amendments to my younger days [thank God for progress].

The plan was set: ready ... GO!!!





No comments: