24 December 2011

Who is SHE (Part II) ???

[DATING AND RELATIONSHIPS (#1A)]

I remember the 20-something dating scene. It was all fun and games with a LOT of icing on the cake until I reached my late 20s. It was then where every lady after several dates initiated the leading, open-ended questions regarding relationships on a serious level. The first time it happened, I nearly dropped my drink. Here I am, leaning on the bar at the loudest club in the world with rumps shaking and bumps bouncing and she leans over and says, "How long do you expect this thing to last?"

My obvious answer, "Well, they usually shut this spot down around 4am."

She gave me the "Negro-please" look. I gave her the "deter this conversation by all means" responses and I made it out of the club alive. It mattered none. She continued later where it ended after a "Good morning" and a kiss upside my hungover head.

This was my inauguration into what numbers may mean in the lady's scheme of things. Sure, exceptions follow closely behind the rule; and, every lady clearly will not stack under every shady category. For the sake of my story, I'll speak on what I see and believe (my interpretation of the situation).

Before I plunged into the scene I read an article from my favorite magazine. It detailed dating from an interesting perspective and was quite credible. The piece examined dating from the angle by men between the ages of 36 to 45. These men enjoy the pick of the litter, the writer acknowledged. He is alluring enough to romp with ladies in the 25-year-old range because they are inquisitive and curiously interested, which would provide the guy with a few dates and a little more until the well runs dry. He is mature and wise with enough energy to manage himself in the presence of ladies in their late 40s and older. She has all she needs and what she wants is generally what he can provide along with the proper acumen to get lost when time calls for him to do so. Also, there's the ladies in his age range which would be the most difficult. They want more than when they were 25, yet are less able to comprehend where they fit in the long line which life assigns; making them, in a sense, less comparable to their older counterparts.

I laughed, marveling on how this theory was right on the money. To further substantiate those proposed findings, I eventually dated a lady in each group.

Wait until I tell you who SHE is ...


No comments: